In addition to meeting admissions requirements, international applicants must take the following steps:
1. Complete the Application
在线申请 by February 1 for Fall 招生 和 November 1 for Spring 招生.
2. Meet the Immigration Requirements for an f - 1签证
Applicants must be cleared by the International Student Advisor before an I-20 will be mailed. International transfer students who are currently attending a school in the United States must also submit a copy of their current I-20 和 a copy of their valid f - 1签证. International students on f - 1签证s are not eligible for admission as a non-degree students.
3. Submit Official Transcript(s)
Provide official transcripts from each college or university you’ve attended. Transcripts may be submitted electronically at firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to the Office of 招生, 鲍伊 State University, 14000 Jericho Park Road, 鲍伊, MD 20715.
If the transcript is in a language other than English, the applicant must submit a certified English translation of the transcript. All international applicants must also submit an evaluation of their foreign transcripts showing the U.S. equivalent of any coursework taken outside of the United States. BSU accepts evaluations from World Education 服务 和 Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc.
4. Submit Proof of English Proficiency
If the applicant’s native language is not English, they must also provide evidence of English language proficiency by taking the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) examination or the International English Language Testing System. An official record of the TOEFL with a minimum score of 500 (173 for the computer-based test) 和 (73 or higher for the internet test) must be sent directly from the Educational Testing Service to 鲍伊 State. IELTS minimum score has to be a 5 or above. Test scores must be submitted by all international students, except the following:
- Graduates of high schools within the United States
- Students whose native language or language of instruction is English
- Students transferring to 鲍伊 State University after at least one year at another English language college or university
Provide documents from one (1) of the following options as sufficient evidence that the applicant will be financially supported throughout his/her studies in the United States.
- Personal – Current letter from applicant verifying the amount of applicant’s funds in U.S. dollars 和 the date the bank account was opened. The letter must be on official bank letterhead 和 include the signature of an authorized bank representative.
- 父, Spouse, or Sponsor in the United States – A notarized affidavit of support 和 a letter from parent, 配偶, or sponsor’s bank with the date the account opened 和 the signature of an authorized bank representative.
- 父, Spouse or Sponsor Outside of the United States – A notarized letter in English indicating the relationship 和 the amount of money that will be made available in US dollars 和 a letter from parent’s, 配偶’s or sponsor’s bank indicating the current balance 和 the date the account opened.
- 政府, Employer or International Organization – An official letter from the sponsor addressed to 鲍伊 State University 和 signed by an authorized representative of the agency or organization. The letter must indicate the amount of the award in U.S. dollars 和 detail the terms of the award.
- Fall Admission – February 1
- Spring Admission – November 1